[SBE] Anybody got an extra extender card for a Harris Legacy series console? Or can identify the connectors?

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Wed Jan 21 16:41:40 EST 2009

Hello fellow SBE members !

A good friend of mine is CE of the University of New Mexico's Public Radio
FM station.

It has a real hodge-podge of equipment.

Among the pieces of equipment it relies on for daily operation is a Harris
Legacy series analog/digital console.

He inherited some replacement modules, all defective -- or at least marked
as defective.

The station does not have an extender card, so servicing the unit is next to
impossible.

Might anyone have a source for these extender cards? Or perhaps can
identify the AMP many-pin connector so that he can order a plug and a socket
and make a zillion solder joints with ribbon cable to make his own extender?

Or, since in retirement I volunteer assisting his work (over)load from time
to time, I may make up the extender cable for him and the station if the
plug and socket can be correctly identified and a set of connectors can be
obtained.

I tried a generic Internet Google search and an eBay search -- and came up
empty handed!

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble!!

Mike/

Mike Langner, CPBE
Albuquerque, NM
mlangner at swcp.com