[SBE] More probable than not it looks like

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Sat Jan 24 07:57:32 EST 2009

I am curious where all of this 'safer work for tower crews in the spring/summer stuff is coming from?

Steve Savino's crews do NYC rooftops all winter long. Alot of 4TS was done then while SeaCoast and Central were doing WFUV at the same time.

Vertical Tech keeps crews busy from Atlanta to Boston all winter long.

We all do repairs in the winter, sometimes that is when the worst stress failures occur.

I bet we all know a tower company or two who says 'if we can get there, we can probably climb it". Lightning is far more likely to chase a crew off the tower.Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT Comm-Struction and Services LLC V- 410.879.5567 F- 410.272.5750 C- 240.417.2475 ebukont at msn.com A Harris Broadcast Channel Partner

From: billw at betterlifetv.tvTo: sbe at sbe.orgDate: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:45:40 -0800Subject: [SBE] More probable than not it looks like

Delay of DTV transition – got to love it.

Here’s the article I read this morning.

http://nab365.bdmetrics.com/NST-2-50176238/story.aspx?utm_source=nab365&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=enewsletter&ocuid=NTY3NzIwMQ==-PQ18K7/w4h8=&r=t

The bright side to this is … if they delay the DTV transition to June … the weather will be better.

<Insert engineering smiley face here>

Bill