[SBE] Hybrid issues.

Curt Yengst cyengst at star991fm.com
Thu Jan 29 11:50:09 EST 2009

It's a little hard to describe without actually hearing it. As soon as the caller starts talking, you hear a very slight "howl" (like feedback) under them, and in some cases you can also hear their voice echoing under that. It does have a sort of "comb filter" flavor to it. It doesn't happen with every call though. I was ready to blame it on cell phones, but the jock claims he's heard it on land lines as well. Of course, even land lines these days go through all manner of A/D conversions, delays, and such.