[SBE] DTV Transition Delay

Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT barryt at sbe.org
Thu Feb 5 18:13:35 EST 2009

OK everyone. Most of us probably agree the delay is a bad idea. That the disenfranchised viewers now will still be so on June 12. As customer service professionals, we know more than anyone that people generally operate in crisis mode and that warnings are useful for that subset of people who think ahead.

But the reality is there is a delay. Nothing to be gained by complaints....Especially not here. We're solutions people. Let's discuss solutions.

What are you doing as a result of the delay? What are you, your stations, or your chapters going to do with the time?

Can your chapters build education outreaches or phone banks? Many already have. How can SBE National help you and your chapter with your effort?

Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT
President
Society of Broadcast Engineers, Inc.