[SBE] Reno Jumps the Shark

Adrienne Abbott weathertop at charter.net
Tue Feb 17 22:41:27 EST 2009

Analog broadcasting for four more Reno TV stations ended today with more of
whimper than a bang. We had very few calls and only about a dozen people at
our FCC-sponsored Walk-In Center. Most of the questions centered on antenna
and other signal-related issues, and one person who was having trouble
getting his remote control to function properly. And just when I thought I'd
heard it all one "seasoned citizen" confided to me that he prepared for the
Digital Transition by pirating signals from one of the satellite services!

Oh well.

Adrienne

_____