[SBE] I wish everyone luck tonight

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Wed Feb 18 02:24:20 EST 2009

Ok...maybe this is a dumb question. However, many transmitter sites receieve electric power via demand metering. Won't the cost therefore to run an analog-converted-digital rig be ridiculous when used as a backup?

I visited a site back in Dec. that had an interesting twist...the site is on a mountain top and somebody at the utility was fairly astute. They approached the station and said "since you won't need 500kW of generator after Feb. 17,,,would you like to be our backup to the community on the mountain?". They are discussing it,,,will be interesting to see what they work out, if anything.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
Comm-Struction and Services LLC
Baltimore/Washington DC
V- 410.879.5567 F- 410.272.5750 C- 240.417.2475

A Harris Broadcast Channel Partner

The opposite of PROgress is CONgress