[SBE] Time standardization idea

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Fri Mar 20 10:31:40 EDT 2009

On Friday 20 March 2009 10:24 am, R. V. Zeigler wrote:

> What do others on the list think of the idea of the FCC standardizing

> all times to UTC? All licensed power/pattern changes would be in UTC and

> EAS messaging could be standardized to UTC. We only change the operator

> interface to reflect local time, but the equipment would be time zone

> and DST agnostic in it's actual operation. Off the top of my head it

> seems like this could be a remedy to a number of problems.

> Rod Zeigler

Personally, I see no problem with the standard being the current standard time.
UTC , standard time, I fail to see a significant difference in practice.
DST, now THAT's a problem no matter how you slice it, and more
a waste of time in my opinion.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own elite, its own aristocracy
based on excellence of performance. -- James Bryant Conant