[SBE] Fwd: NAB FM chip proposal

mrfixit at min.midco.net mrfixit at min.midco.net
Wed Apr 1 09:17:02 EDT 2009

> At the risk of sounding cruel and heartless.....

> Do we really need a system that overrides every single communication

> device within five feet of a person to tell them there's an

> emergency?

Absolutely not! This country didn't get to be great by having the
government do everything for its citizens, and by moving in that
direction, we're passing the greatness on to whoever else will
willingly take it.

A perfect example occured on my way to work some years ago. As I was
turning onto a street, 1/2 block to my left two women ran into each
other at a stop-signed intersection. I turned to go see if anyone
needed assistance, and as I listened to the conversation between the
two, I heard (parapharasing here some), "didn't you SEE me?!", "well
no, I saw a stop sign and thought you would stop". She just blindly
thought that since "the government" put a stop sign there, she could
just drive through without assuming any responsibility for what (if
anything) happened.

That's where this is going, and it's wrong.

> ...I can hardly wait to hear the stream of profanity from my dad

> ...when his conversation is interrupted by a RWT.

And me.

> ... Let's not go back to the old CONELRAD, or EBS, or whatever

> system. Let's go back to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If we at the

> radio station have some urgent information, we'll get it on the air

> pronto. If you're not paying attention, oh well! It sucks to be

> you! The military calls it "Situational Awareness." Get some!

> Here endeth the rant. Thanks be to God.

And well said. Thank you.

Dave Dunsmoor