[SBE] How to record a Quicktime video stream?

Jonathan Solomon jonstv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 17:13:37 EDT 2009

Walt-

It will be helpful to know the OS you are using, as well as if this
will be a live stream.

There are a number of options. A good site for Windoz is:
http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-stream/record-streaming-video-quick-time.htm

For Mac OS, try
iGetMovies
http://homepage.mac.com/djodjodesign/
It will pull the movie(s) from your browser cache once the movie is
completely downloaded.

or QuickTime Pro.

Of course, your results will depend on you a number of factors
(connection speed, hard drive space, hardware, etc), so YMMV.

Your best bet is to listen to it live, and ask your son to record it
live (maybe to a flash drive?) and send it to you for posterity.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Jon