[SBE] Copper Thefts Linked to New Currency Standard?

Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD kkbroadcastengineering at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:53:23 EDT 2009

I can only hope.

But he has been correct most of the time on trends. As it is now... A
lot of the copper materials (mainly strap and screen) that we use are no
longer tied directly to Comex. The industry has their own index that is
still much higher than Comex. Oddly, their _index_ has occasionally
surged upward when Comex surged downward. And it certainly ratchets
upward when Comex jumps.

This graph shows the trend of Comex over the past few weeks.

http://www.alanwire.com/cop1.html

There is another link to a Historical Graph that depicts copper over the
past 7 years if you're interested.

For many years, I could simply plug Comex copper into a spreadsheet and
have an instant materials quote. No longer. I have to call each and
every time I need copper pricing.

Later,

--
Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD