[SBE] H1N1 Response a bigger picture

McGlothen, Darryl darryl.mcg at klewtv.com
Fri May 1 12:39:53 EDT 2009

Thanks, Barry; for bringing this topic to light. Unfortunately, the
vocal minority have twisted the focus to mask the seriousness of this
threat. Washing your hands several times a day, especially before you
eat or have close physical contact with anyone, is a mark of prudence.
It follows that washing after having contact with others or touching
anything that could be contaminated is also the course of wisdom.

Failure to take precautions, in spite of the 'low' risks, is in the very
least, irresponsible. Poo-pooing the statistics simply because there is
no empirical evidence of pandemic proporttions is the height of
foolishness. I do not advocate the hide-in-the-cellar approach but
neither do I recommend sticking your head in the sand...TAKE THE
PRECAUTIONS!!

Darryl