[SBE] H1N1 Response

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Sat May 2 19:23:58 EDT 2009

Jeff Carter wrote:

> Can't speak for him, but I got the idea from the CDC.

You might want to read a bit more carefully. Also keep in mind the
original post stater that the alcohol gels were ineffective.

Again from the CDC refer to the first chart.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5116a2.htm

From your second website,
Can a hand sanitizer (alcohol gel) serve as a suitable alternative to
hand washing? ... Alcohol works immediately and effectively to kill
bacteria and most viruses.
How do the "alcohol-based hand rubs" compare to soap and water? While
alcohol gels are convenient and popular, they are not meant to replace
soap and water. Alcohol gels do not work to remove pieces of dirt and food.

H1N1 is confirmed to be once of the viruses it is quite effective on.

I spent 2 hours yesterday with a local Dr. cutting PSA's targeted at the
virus. She's also told me that Tamiflu is not effective on this H1N1
strain, but that an older (I forgot the name) anti viral is.

As a Paramedic in Florida I have to take an infectious disease course
every single year.. (oh joy). Trust me they beat into our head every
year what works and what doesn't. Of course the bottom line is.. "If
it's wet & sticky, and not yours, don't touch it!"

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT RPM
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885