[SBE] A/C 3phase vs single phase

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Thu Jun 11 10:00:53 EDT 2009

Chris is correct.

As for the cost of installing 3-phase, you need to kick it up a few levels at the local power company. The mgt of utilities want you to use 3-phase, preferrably at 480. You might find them cooperative, and you may inquire about any funding incentives for converting to more efficient utilities. If you do bring in new 3-phase, do it at 480, and begin transitioning your new items such as HVAC and transmitters.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265