[SBE] Analog TV Skip

Jim Linn remotetvtech at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:04:49 EDT 2009

This afternoon after the local news in Jacksonville FL was done, I
scanned around the analog TV dial. I have VHF/UHF antenna on a rotor
about 20 feet off the ground in Atlantic Beach Fl. I saw a signal on
VHF Ch 2 and thought it was WESH Orlando. Twisting the Antenna for a
better signal which improved towards the North / north west area, I
realized I was watching CBS 2 out of Chicago (WBBM ?) It was
amazing. I watched right up to 12:00 Central Daylight savings time,
13:00 here when they cut the analog signal in the middle of a scene
from Young and the Restless.

Then I saw a signal from I believe Madison Wisconsin on VHF Ch 6. It
was just a slate with information where to call for help on
implementing / receiving DTV.

The thermal reflective trough from the the north to down here is
amazing now that most analogs are off of the air. I didn't see any DX
TV in VHF Hi band or UHF.

Jim