[SBE] WAGA Analog Sign Off w/ First CE

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Sat Jun 13 09:28:25 EDT 2009

At least around here, TV folks seem to be much more aware of audio and spend more on it than radio folks as of late.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265

From: mlangner at swcp.com
To: sbe at sbe.org
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:27:12 -0600
Subject: Re: [SBE] WAGA Analog Sign Off w/ First CE

The WAGA sign-off was great. Thanks for circulating it!!

Of course, we old radio guys who turned on a number of radio transmitters over the past nearly 50 years had to marvel at one part of the clip I suspect most folks missed.

Look again at the clip. But even more, listen to the clip. The interviewer's lav mic and the hand mic are out of phase!

You can hear the interviewer's audio get "thin" as he gets the stick/hand mic positioned so its audio and the lav audio "null each other out."

Yep, for many years we old radio guys have been encouraging TV folks to be a little more careful with their audio.

It'll be interesting to see if that finally happens, now that we're in the "digital age!

Good luck to everyone!!

Mike Langner, CPBE
Albuquerque, NM