[SBE] Congratulations DTV and a request

Jerry Paonessa jerry_paonessa at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 22:17:40 EDT 2009

Dan,

The Winegard converter box and its "Venturer" equivalent (sold at Target) operate on 9VDC. With one of those and a reasonable antenna, your friend should be able to get TV audio with the radio tuned to NTSC3 and the converter box set to the desired ATSC station. The Winegard/Venturer is one of the smallest CECBs I have seen and the DC operating feature makes it portable.

You could cobble together something not too unsightly for her to enjoy her shows; at least until radios with DTV audio come along - probably not in my lifetime!

Jerry Paonessa

Assistant Director of Technology

KENS, San Antonio TX