[SBE] When will someone motivate the FCC to allow new analog LPTV applications?

Thomas Shanks tshanks at gatech.edu
Fri Jun 26 22:11:53 EDT 2009

So when will we be able to apply for new analog LPTV stations?

I suppose the real answer is "whenever someone motivates the right people at the FCC to allow it". In that case, though, perhaps someone at SBE could get motivating?

There are more than a few commercial and noncommercial TV stations contemplating adding an analog low power in their highest-population areas. If you're the only channel that comes in on one of those old TVs, you almost automatically get a few thousand viewers! The shop-at-home LPTVs are seeing quite a bit of new viewership since the switch. My analog TV receiving mobile phone doesn't pick up anything but shop-at-home now, and I'd really like to see something else there, perhaps our programming...

Thomas Shanks CBRE
Chief Engineer
WREK Atlanta, Georgia Tech Student Radio