[SBE] Symetrix... step up to the plate.

Dan Slentz dan_slentz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 12:31:46 EDT 2009

I'd copy Symetrix on this email and let them know that the entire SBE email chain is waiting to hear if they'll step up to the plate and help you.  If not, I'd look at Behringer for a cheap replacement.  Part of the reason for saying this is I had three 528E's in an air conditioned studio with a half blank between them and had a similar issue with two of them.  It was a small Ohio station.  I couldn't afford the repairs and ebayed all the 528E's and replaced with Behringers.  Took a little more work to set-up, but ended up sounding the same on the air (for $99 each!), plus had extra money left over.   Sounds like the Symetrix may have a design flaw.  Certainly I would think that they could do much, much better than that at standing behind their product.  I'd prefer to buy American, but when our own companies won't stand behind their products (at a fair price at least), what's left?

Not all our broadcast gear companies are like this.  Wheatstone/Audio Arts has always been incredible.  Telos/Omia..  great too.   Even Orban (on a very outdated unit) sent me a bag of caps.

Symetrix?

Dan