[SBE] Phasor current draw

Ness, Mark MarkNess at clearchannel.com
Mon Jul 13 16:38:43 EDT 2009

http://www.tunwallradio.com/

Take a look at this

Mark Ness

From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of
Edwin Bukont
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 4:36 PM
To: sbe
Subject: Re: [SBE] Phasor current draw

The TPO is 5. My main concern is the total draw of the contactor coils
during switching.

Thanks

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265

> Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:16:04 -0400

> From: ednixon at yahoo.com

> To: sbe at sbe.org

> CC:

> Subject: Re: [SBE] Phasor current draw

> What power levels ?

system. The system has remote for choosing transmitters and Day or Nite.
It does not have remote for choosing DA/NDA.

> Currently, someone has brought out the Tx and D/N to 240VAC relays

with 30A contacts. Is this really necessary?

> The mode change itself appears to throw maybe 5 contactors including

the towers. I realize that in the DA mode it has to support the current
involved with switching of Day and Night.

> I want to do my additional control with a 24VDC coil and contacts

rated at 15A/250VAC.

> Am I missing something here. Do I really need those big power relays

or will something smaller suffice. I do not know what the current draw
is,,and it would be difficult to amp clamp.

> Anybody have any ideas what a 30-40 year old three tower, 3 modes

Phasor array might draw in Amps at 250VAC during switching?