[SBE] Phasor current draw

David R. Wilson david at wwns.com
Mon Jul 13 17:39:42 EDT 2009

Part of the question ought to be what is the current / voltage ratings
for the contacts on the remote control? A 30 amp capable relay without
proper interfacing may at best chew up relay contacts on the remote
control pretty quickly (if it works at all).

As far as the required ratings for the relays, you would need to know
what current they are switching. If it is switching a 50 ohm non
reactive load, 30 amp contacts should be more than enough. If it is a
different load it might not be appropriate.

Dave

David R. Wilson KU4B
Engineer for the Cromwell Group
Nashville Tennessee