[SBE] 950 STL curious problem

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Mon Jul 20 14:56:51 EDT 2009

I looked at the licensed paths and nothing to hit. We do have a possible
interference at our studio site for the TSL path on another frequency but it
has not shown up. The studio and transmitter sites are orthogonal to the
major market paths and 40-50 miles out of the way. I left a message foir
the other station engineer that owns the site to see if they are having any
issues. We have 1 watt, and a path half theirs but they have 10 watts and
bigger antennas. There is also 1 other antenna (V whip) on the stick and I
don't know what frequency it is on. I've never seen it show up on the SA and the
box is locked so can't read any ID or TX info. Looks like a VHF. State
Police tower is 3 miles east, bristling with antennas. Next is cell towers at
3.8 miles and 2 of them on my TV tower. Wireless ISP's but mostly on 5.5
Gig band, we have wireless ISP RX on site but antenna is on building roof.
Next comes a 16 watt FM on my TV tower, and a munch of 2-way and pagers.
Another FM 1/4 mi farther on the same radial as my TV tower @ 500', also with
950 STL from the same studio as the co-located FM. Next farthest are more
cell towers in various directions and another FM way off line at 8 mi.

At our studio site, there is a 10 watt FM at 1/2 mile away, and various
cell towers. DEA and FBI at 200 yards.

The closest is our own other 900 Mhz SS data link for TV remote, but any
QRM should be to the LanLink that shares the band, but it also has channel
filters and tried turing it off, no effect.

So it seems site or RX related. Just difficult to isolate.

Henry