[SBE] SBE Digest, Vol 204, Issue 1

dynotherm at earthlink.net dynotherm at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 23 12:59:29 EDT 2009

Perhaps I'm missing something, but if we already have a merchant account(s)
allowing payment via VISA/MC/AMEX what is the point of PayPal which
is intended for use as a payment mechanism for credit cards by those (often
Ebay sellers) who do not desire or cannot qualify for a merchant account?

It simply opens the door to a lot of spammers fraudulent PayPal messages
about nonexistent transactions designed to elicit banking information from
PayPal users. Why open that door when it appears to offer no advantages
compared with merchant account transactions?

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD