[SBE] FW: Question about a Crown exciter and transmitter, over temperatur...

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Tue Aug 18 10:44:29 EDT 2009

Had a similar problem with the same hardware. It was cutting out the 945
Mhz STL signal Took me a while to find it because when the bldg was open, the
room cooled and the problem went away, but after leaving the site it would
come back an hour or so later. Clean out the PA2000 RF amps. I had to pull
them out of hte box (careful they are RF hot if the unit is on) and scrub
them down with freon to get the embedded dirt off the copper. The grill
filters need reglar cleaning and make sure there is space above and below for
circulation. ie don't stack the amp and 100 watt exciter box to box. I added
rack fans when I rebuilt the site.

Henry