[SBE] toxic chemical reminiscences

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Thu Aug 20 13:23:36 EDT 2009

Got a handful in my garage.

Used to use them with RTTY.

And then there's the vial-of-mercury-switch about the size of half a
test-tube with two electrodes, about an eighth of a cup of mercury, and an
armature that turns it upside-down or right-side up depending on whether the
relay/switch is supposed to be on or off.

I think this one came out of a motorized tower light flasher --

Mike
Albuquerque