[SBE] Donations

Brian Hughes BHughes at napavalley.edu
Tue Aug 25 11:18:26 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Sorry to be so crass but I'm hoping someone out there has, or knows where to get, donations for a poorly funded broadcast TV engineering program. Napa Valley College has one of the SBE certified programs leading to a CBT certification.

We could really use "new" cameras. We currently have 4 studio cameras, all standard def. We have a Sony BVP-360 triax camera with CCU; a Sony BVP-370 triax with CCU; and two multicore Ikegami HL-79E with MA-79 CCUs. We also have a Sony HDC-100 HDVS camera but it's an odd duck, 5:4 1035i HD which is almost impossible to sync with the studio. We had some other cameras, SD and HD, but they were lost in a flood.

Maybe someone or someone's company still has some older standard def studio cameras they don't need. Or perhaps some early generation HD camera systems that are just gathering dust. We would be happy to take donations of any other kind of broadcast equipment as well.

The college has a foundation that accepts instructional equipment and donations "are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law."

Napa Valley College Foundation http://www.napavalley.edu/apps/comm.asp?$1=31

The best person to talk to about donations would be the program coordinator, Steve Goze (707) 253-3258 or at sgoze at napavalley.edu<mailto:sgoze at napavalley.edu>

Thank you,
Brian Hughes, SBE-CBTE