[SBE] FCC R & R 73.318: FM Blanketing Interference

Fluker, Steve (CXR-Orlando) Steve.Fluker at CoxRadio.com
Mon Sep 21 11:04:39 EDT 2009

People don't always believe you with their telephones, so I had found
two phones that looked very similar, one had a horrible RFI issue and
the other was clean as can be. Show and tell is always good and I'd
plug in both phones, one at a time, so they could see the difference
first hand.

The FCC also has a brochure that you can give to the people who call
explaining the radio station's responsibility. This is something you
can hand out if you do go to a HMA meeting, or in the case where someone
is really getting nasty about it.

http://www.arrl.org/fcc/fcc_rfi_CIB-10.pdf is the link to this. It's
for telephone interference only.

Steve Fluker