[SBE] EAS CAP

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Sun Oct 4 21:19:56 EDT 2009

Clay

I am tending to agree with your comments. I guess I did not make it clear that I do not believe this should be a primary and invasive component of broadcasting. While I can understand using broadcast as just that, a broadcast link, one of many link technologies, we are carrying way too much of the burden. Yes broadcasters should be compensated in some way for providing the service. Private business is drowning in unfunded mandates which the states should pay for, and which would probably not exist except for the unfair burden, and yet they only pay for enforcement. Personally I think that the community of licensce should reimburse stations in some manner, such as tax exemption or exemption from other regulations that are unfit for a 24/7 first responder because this is a 24/7 public service. If the whole COL mess went away, we would be even better off.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265