[SBE] EAS

David R. Wilson david at wwns.com
Wed Oct 7 12:48:28 EDT 2009

The short version:

http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-09-1044T

I believe someone paid attention and made a reasonably accurate summary
of the situation. There are certainly problems with the daisy chain
system, but when multiple systems fail it does have merit. One of the
bigger concerns for me is a need for a local alert capability. We can't
always rely on someone else paying attention or their connection to the
distribution point for the EAS system working.

Dave

David R. Wilson KU4B
Engineer for the Cromwell Group
Nashville Tennessee