[SBE] Public safety radio

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Wed Oct 7 12:45:31 EDT 2009

To the best of my recollection, Russ, the FCC rules as published in the
Federal Register are broken down into different parts that govern
different types of radio services. The term "Radio Service" includes all
broadcast type of transmission, as I recall. I believe parts 73 and 74
cover most all of commercial radio and television broadcast of one kind
or another. Part 97 covers amateur radio and part 91 or 93 covers
business radio and/or the public safety radio service. These are only
the rules that govern these different radio services. That said, I've
never met an electron that knew the difference.

I'm sure there are others on this list that are much more current on the
different parts of the FCC's R&Rs than I am and they will assuredly
chime in.

Russ VanderHorst wrote:

> Hi all

> I'm down with the flu today...this isn't fun. Anyway, I was just

> curious...do transitters for public safety (police, fire etc) come

> under the realm of broadcast engineering?

> Thanks

> Russ

> My web page

> Russvanderhorst.info