[SBE] Peavey PV6USB

Bo wbratchr at iglou.com
Wed Oct 7 21:00:12 EDT 2009

Hi Edwin,

I have no experience with this particular Peavey, but I've never been a big
fan of their mixers because their sliders to get noisy.

One mixer I used and was very surprised by is the Behringer Xenyx 1204FX.
The preamps have a lot of headroom and are quiet.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-1204?sku=631269

The best small mixer I've ever used is Mackie, I have had the non-USB
version of this one for many years and it's awesome.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-ProFX8-Professional-Comp
act-Mixer?sku=500316

For your client, if he doesn't need more than one mic.

I've recommended this to several of our local radio stations. It's from
Shure, so it works well. It converts any standard mic into a USB mic.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-X2U-XLRtoUSB-Signal-Adapt
er?sku=580350

If the client can transfer to his laptop after the fact these Edirol R-09
recorders are great, I've got two and they kick but!!!

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Edirol-R09HR-24BIT96KHZ-WAVMP3-
RECORDER-?sku=245003

Good Luck,

Bo Bratcher