[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

McGlothen, Darryl darryl.mcg at klewtv.com
Fri Oct 9 16:39:35 EDT 2009

Such is (should be) the purpose of National Tests - if they were
conducted. This, too, points out the need for feed-back from the
end-points. If a National RMT is not received, to whom and in what
manner is the report to be sent? If the response from FCC is to fine the
end-point for inability to receive or some mid-point relay for failure
to transmit, where is the incentive to report? Give us time and
opportunity to install and properly test equipment and, in the event of
a failed test, opportunity to correct the fault. The time and
circumstance in which to levy fines would be subsequent to an actual
event where some fault occurs.

Darryl

did

> not (and may still not) have reception from PEP stations....

> Michigan....Nebraska....Nevada.....????) The material hitting the

> rotary air moving device at the FCC and FEMA over that would have been

> interesting....I guess we'll wait for the next one to finish fixing

the