[SBE] In Need of Mentoring

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sun Oct 11 22:04:33 EDT 2009

I just can't leave this one alone -

I really do love my current position and hope to retire from here
sometime in the future. I do feel that you almost (emphasis on almost)
have to "love" broadcast engineering to the exclusion of all else to
stay in it now, at least in the far majority of positions that are still
filled.

A couple of thoughts come to mind -

> Old broadcast engineers don't retire - they just fade away

(borrowing heavily from someone famous I think)

> If you love your work - Why retire? Except for that

damn cellphone and/or pager.

> Remember that RF - IS - good for you. Especially in a

world where jobs are scarce and no one wants to deal with
anything north of 24 volts.

Clay