[SBE] IR vs HotAir BGA rework stn?

Henry M. Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Oct 15 17:17:40 EDT 2009

Edwin,

How about $250 for just the reflow part? That will lift the IC (little
tool to lift it provided). Placing would be rework...

I found an excellent unit for a reasonable cost to reflow and lift-
AT85028. It has 8x specific size chip attachments (screw clamp), hot
air (I learned it and it works great for removal!), and solder
station. Fast and low chance of messing up the board/IC. Does require
getting used to doing it.

http://www.ntscope.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MTC&Product_Code=AT85028

Also you may used rework stations, if you know what you want going up
for sale at eBay.

I'm very happy lifting off the old IC's and manually placing and
soldering. I do very small quantities.

Henry S.

--

Techworks Professional Systems, Inc. Henry M. Seiden, Founder
henry<at>techworkspro<dot>com