[SBE] SBE Newsletter

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Thu Nov 5 20:44:36 EST 2009

I just attended the NAB sat truck operator school and I think this is an
area SBE should be involved. In case folks forgot, the FCC rules require a
certified sat truck operator at the transmitter 100% of the time it is on the
air. While the FCC does not specify what certification consists of, the
NAB and the Satellite Interference reduction group provide classes. This
year the NAB certificate includes the SIRG seal of approval also.
The topics cover a lot more than most folks would expect and it was also a
sharing experience as the students also provided information not in the
class materials.

Henry Ruhwiedel