[SBE] [sbe-eas] CAP action steps?

Richard Rudman rar01 at mac.com
Mon Nov 23 18:20:57 EST 2009

Hi, Suzanne:

My take is that it is too early for SECC's to rewrite their plans.

We still do not know:

1. What "mandatory Governor Level" means and how it will affect
wording of LECC and SECC plans
2. Who will be authorized in each state to issue warnings under the
new rules, and exactly how CAP-enhanced EAS will change existing
security measures spelling out in plans
3. If (as I think most of us want) RWT's be dropped
4. If (as I think most of us want) all RMT's will be originated from
government warning centers, not broadcast or cable entities.
4. If the LP model will go away in some form
5. If the EAS boxes will report out to some yet to be designated
location, and, if so, how they will do such reporting and what that
will do to logging requirements
6. The re-write of Part 11

The SBE "Roadmap" is in my mind the closest document that lays out all
the pieces that have to be put together to make this work. You might
consider concentrating on that document at your meeting.

If anyone else has thoughts on this, please chime in.

Regards,

Richard Rudman