[SBE] The future of Broadcasting.

Carl Sundberg carlesundberg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 01:39:33 EDT 2010

Hi Y'all,

I've been copying
the mail and reading everything. I don't even know why I'm writing this.
I guess I have a stupid fantasy that something I may propose here could
become reality and it may have a massive impact toward saving some of
that wonderful TV spectrum. The way I see it, we've already auctioned
off enough spectrum this and the last Century. We need to put a freeze
on auctions and reserve some spectrum for our future great grand
children to sell or whatever.

What America needs is a goal to run
one strand of fiber to every home and business in America. It could be the 21st Century CCC or WPA project.
Send the out of work to a place and tell them to bring shovels and plan to have them run PVC with pull stings for the fiber. Wire America and lease the fiber out in 5 year chunks. The company that offers the lowest service price gets the contract. The fiber remains the highway of the people and is maintained by the income of the system. This needs to be done and then every home will have service. Why not. We invented the Internet. It was a government project. Why not take it all the way.

Carl
Sundberg, CBT

3318 Coraly Ave.

Eugene, OR 97402-6544