[SBE] (no subject)

Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT barryt at sbe.org
Sat May 15 13:46:33 EDT 2010

Here's something that admittedly has peripheral broadcast relevance but it might interest some on the list

Some of my colleagues on the Citizen's Weather Observation Program (CWOP) are trying to persuade Google to import the daily MODIS imagery from the Aqua and Terra satellites. This covers most of the planet each day and provides great views of topical events (like the Icelandic Volcano). JPL used to provide these tiles, but the service died over a year ago, and shows no sign of being restarted.

Please can everybody who has a google account go to:

http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=2360

and click the 'star' to the left of the word 'Issue' in the title (you have to be logged in to see the star). It will then turn yellow indicating that you are interested in seeing this fixed. Maybe if we get enough stars, then it will get high enough to get some attention......

Barryt