[SBE] Notice of upcoming Webinar

David Priester dpriester at ithaca.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:53:02 EDT 2010

I would like to call everyones attention to a webinar from the SBE
Education committee coming up Tue, July 13. It's about Human Factors in
broadcast facility design. The study of human factors in broadcasting,
especially related to the design of broadcast plants, deserves more
consideration than it usually gets in my estimation. But the benefits
of taking these considerations into account are legion. There are
accident and repetitive motion injury prevention aspects which can
translate into heading off legal and medical claim expenses. There are
efficiencies of operation and reductions in operator errors realized by
taking human factors into account in control room design. These just to
name a few reasons why this study is important for everyone designing,
building and operating facilities, including broadcast operations, where
direct human interaction with technology is required. I hope you will
consider attending this webinar. Here's a link to find out more -
http://www.sbe.org/HumanFactorsinBroadcasting.php.

--
David E. Priester, CPBE
Director, Technical Operations