[SBE] Visio for broadcast equipment?

Fluker, Steve (CXR-Orlando) Steve.Fluker at CoxRadio.com
Mon Jun 28 08:45:08 EDT 2010

They come extremely close. Just take a template from Visio for rack
plates and size your drawing to fit over the appropriate sized number of
rack units. In most cases it comes out almost exact, but even if it
doesn't, you can make the size of the picture correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of Ryan
Salazar
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 8:42 AM
To: sbe member discussion mail list
Subject: Re: [SBE] Visio for broadcast equipment?

I tried the images last night and it worked very well. I searched
equipment names on google images. I wonder if they're the correct number
of rack units when scaled down. I'll have to check that today.

Thanks!

On Jun 28, 2010, at 7:58 AM, "Fluker, Steve (CXR-Orlando)"
<Steve.Fluker at CoxRadio.com> wrote:

> Middle Atlantic has a free software download called Rack Tools which

you

> can use if you want. I've used both Visio and Rack Tools. Dan hit it

> on the nose with importing images of the gear. That's what I do and

it

> works very well. You can size the JPG's to scale and place them in

the

> racks. Some manufacturers even have Visio templates of their

equipment

> to download from their websites. Makes a very nice drawing and

> document.

> Steve

> Steve Fluker

> Director of Engineering

> WCFB, WDBO, WHTQ

> WMMO, WPYO, WWKA

> SBE Chapter 42 Chairman

> 4192 N. John Young Parkway

> Orlando, FL 32804

> PH (321) 281-2037

> Fax (407) 536-2537

Curt

> Yengst

> Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:07 PM

> To: sbe member discussion mail list

> Subject: Re: [SBE] Visio for broadcast equipment?

> For rack layouts, I just use Excel. You set up columns to represent

the

> rack and the rows represent the rack spaces. I use it for making

patch

> bay label strips as well.

dwg's

<<mailto:ryan at ryansalazar.net>ryan at ryansalazar.net<mailto:ryan at ryansalaz

<<mailto:REargle at hearst.com>REargle at hearst.com<mailto:REargle at hearst.com

>>> wrote:

> Visio TVs work well universals mounts from Markertek work well. Most

of