[SBE] Visio for broadcast equipment?

David Baker DBaker at addison-il.org
Mon Jun 28 16:08:46 EDT 2010

Ryan,
If you're interested, I use Autosketch, which is a stripped down version of AutoCad made by Autodesk as well. I made pre-designed blocks to resemble VTRs, monitors, etc., and saved those in a library for my rack sketches. As I recall the learning curve was minimal, once you get your equipment 'blocks' it's pretty easy to create real-looking racks, and you can work with dwg's and dwf's as well. The most attractive part was the cost, which was under $100 about 4 years ago, which is much more reasonable than AutoCad. Hope that helps.

Thank you,

David Baker, CBTE, CBNT
Media Production Coordinator
Community Relations Dept.
Village of Addison, IL
ofc: 630-693-7554
cell: 708-935-7829
fax: 630-543-5411
www.addisonadvantage.org ( http://www.addisonadvantage.org/ )

>>> "Curt Yengst" <cyengst at star991fm.com> 6/27/2010 10:07 PM >>>

For rack layouts, I just use Excel. You set up columns to represent the rack and the rows represent the rack spaces. I use it for making patch bay label strips as well.