[SBE] DTV image freeze alarm

Gibson Prichard gibson at prichard.tv
Tue Jun 29 21:46:39 EDT 2010

I'm not sure I get the criteria, Henry. What sort of frame sync passes
8VSB or ASI? Frame Synchronizers are use to time video to a house
standard and don't process ASI or certainly not 8VSB. If you're looking
to detect frozen video from a tuner, there are numerous devices that
will do that, from multi-viewers with SNMP monitoring to simple video
freeze alarms with contact closures. If you want a tuner with built-in
freeze-frame detection (and presumably loss of carrier detection),
someone like Sencore comes to mind.
FM Systems makes a card that will detect frozen video and switch to
another feed, as well give an alarm contact of freeze status. Presumably
something you already have can alert you.

Best of luck.

Gibson
Nashville