[SBE] I'm retired, what Hoiday, every day is a holiday!!!!

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Mon Jul 5 13:49:47 EDT 2010

Stick with it as long as you enjoy it. The 60's were cool. There were a
lot of things we could do on radio and TV. I started as a combo jock-engineer
at an AM-FM and after a few years figured I could make more and not live
in a U-haul if I stuck with engineering. In Chicago I was on 4 radio stations
at once, WEEF AM-FM, WGSB, WVFV, WEDC. Was an engineer at WCIU and did
news photo work for AP and publicity photos for a local TV show Marty Faye.
The local low cost version of Tonight. Ted Webber did a teen dance show (he
was from WLS radio) And we started Soul Train. and a day long financial
program The Stock Market Observer, the grand daddy of all 24 hr financial and
stock/bond shows.

Time delay on live shows was a loop of 2" quad tape from one machine across
the floor to another machine and a couple wood blocks to hold the tension
arms. VR1000's.

Henry