[SBE] Pandora?

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Mon Jul 5 16:34:50 EDT 2010

Henry

I have to take issue with your calling out the kids with low self esteem and the accomodations made for them. First off, those accomodations are not made for the kids, they are made more so for the parents, who are embarrassed at what their child might reflect about their parenting. But what about the kids with high achievement and high self esteem? I quite frankly have had enough of the Honor Society bullies. Those would be the wunderkind who rise to Wall Street, or the GM office, and cause the grief we now have in this industry and in this country in general. You fail to realize that by contributing to the stepping upon of the downtrodden, you are also contributing to the 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' attitude that gives "acceptable" bullies a pass on their bad behavior. Your attitude is what leads to Columbine, where the little people feel, rightly so, that the school accepts their being picked on, but will never admit that it is often the captain of the football team which is the real aggressor. Everybody thinks its funny when the star jock picks on the wimpy nerd, but they are quick to discipline when the nerd erases the jock's homework!! (Yeah, I did that!!). If I had a dollar for every bully jock I had to tutor in Senior year, despite how I was treated, I would have been about one whole Bergen Co. leaque richer at graduation. I laughed hard when I found out that our President of the Honor Society didnt last one semester at Harvard, because guess what, he got caught getting A's in college the same whay he did in HS, but nobody questioned his high achievements. If it were up to me, there would be neither athletics or Honor Society in school, just the Three Rs and the ruler.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265