[SBE] Fw: ASI through IP for STL

Chris Hoopes hoopeschris at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 11:23:41 EDT 2010

Hi Rolin;

We just tried out a system that does that. SDI (or analog) is encoded on a Grass Valley Vibe, and send thru a Jumbo switch, where it is sent as IP down a DS3 line of a 7 gig microwave. The signal is converted by another jumbo switch and decoded with a GVG RD3000, at the final destination . The Jumbo switch act as a router and IP encapsulator with lots of neat options. Quality was good. The beauty is that jumbo switches can be installed at each hop, and you can have internet connectivity for monitoring, etc. It can be configured for a private, or open LAN.
Regards to you, Ron, and my friends there.

Chris Hoopes