[SBE] ATSC Tuner Differences

Gary Stewart gstewart at ctvn.org
Mon Aug 30 17:13:18 EDT 2010

Sorry this is late.

You, and they, seem to be using proper ATSC paradigm PIDs. Now make sure
everything in your, and their, PSIP tables is correct. TSID, VCT, MGT,
etc. Do not use a TSID of 1 or 0.

Once everything is exactly accurate and still doesn't work, you might
try some juggling on your gap filler. Maybe try ATSC programs 8, 9 and
10. Or maybe the problem is the TSID.

Our local ABC station is using the same TSID on both their UHF ch51 and
the gap filler on ch22 which is another station's virtual channel. They
tell me they have no problems with people being able to get both. They
use ATSC programs 3 and 4 (labeled as 4.1 and 4.2) on ch 51 and 5 and 6
(labeled as 4.3 and 4.4) on ch22. The virtual channels come up as 4.1,
4.2, 4.3 and 4.4. with no confusion with the virtual ch22 in town. The
engineers can see all 4 streams and know that both stations are ok.

Gary Stewart
Cornerstone TV