[SBE] ARCO Commercial Trips EAS Units

William Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Sat Sep 11 15:12:52 EDT 2010

Here is the CFR citation:

Title 47--Telecommunication

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

PART 11--EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM (EAS)

§ 11.45 Prohibition of false or deceptive

EAS transmissions.

No person may transmit or cause to

transmit the EAS codes or Attention

Signal, or a recording or simulation

thereof, in any circumstance other

than in an actual National, State or

Local Area emergency or authorized

test of the EAS. Broadcast station licensees

should also refer to § 73.1217 of

this chapter.

Sounds like both are in trouble if this thing takes off
.

I would pull this advertisement immediately if it were me.

Bill