[SBE] Passing of Larry Bloomfield

Keith Kintner kmkint3 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 16:26:11 EST 2010

Larry was a long-time friend, a great engineer, educator, and promoter of the
SBE.  When he was in Oshkosh in August with the Road Show, he had several very
up-to-the-moment powerpoints, including the new EAS changes.  He had a concise
presentation about EAS that lasted around 45 minutes and covered what our Summer
WBA/SBE workshop covered in a half-day.  He was truly deserving of the Educator
of the Year award he received a few years back.  While he was in Oshkosh, he had
told me that this might be his last Road Show.  I didn't realize until this
morning how prophetic that was.  He had visited nearly every SBE Chapter in the
lower 48, and has been face-to-face with more SBE members than anyone in our
organization.  He will be missed by many of us.  When I first met him, he was
the Chief Engineer of perhaps the first tapeless, all-digital radio station in
California.  He enjoyed his annual treks across the country, and the opportunity
to share his knowledge with us.  I am very saddened with his passing.

  Keith M. Kintner, CPBE/CBNT