[SBE] Anyone have any experience with Greenstone tubes?

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Tue Jan 11 13:25:05 EST 2011

Hello everyone !

Anyone have any experience with Greenstone USA transmitting tubes?

An FM station here in New Mexico needs a 4CX3500A - and the best price so
far (barring tubes of known Chinese origin) seems to be from Greenstone,
USA, a company I've never heard of. The station's engineer asked me if I'd
had any experience with Greenstone. I haven't.

When asked "Who makes your tubes," the company representative responded "We
do."

Their web site shows a number of tubes in its opening screen picture -
interestingly no manufacturer's names or logos can be seen on the tubes
themselves. The web site says that the company "makes and distributes tubes"
so it would appear that the company doesn't necessarily make everything it
sells

Any reports of experience in the field would be most welcome!

Many, many thanks !

Mike/

Mike Langner, CPBE

Albuquerque, NM