[SBE] Anyone have any experience with Greenstone tubes?

Thompson, Pat PTHOMPSON at WBIR.GANNETT.COM
Tue Jan 11 15:44:06 EST 2011

They are (I believe) an importer of China made tubes. I have no experience with them but some of the ham related RF mailing lists reference buying 3-500z's through them.

So, probably a reputable importer. So the question you may want to ask them is where the tubes are made and not by whom.

Pat

WBIR
WA4TUK

Found on the web:

"Company Name: Beijing Greenstone Co., Ltd.
Chengdu Office Company Address: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
City/Town: Chengdu Province/State: Sichuan<http://sichuan.made-in-china.com/>
Country/Region: China"

From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of Mike Langner
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:25 PM
To: Sbe Member Discussion Mail List
Subject: [SBE] Anyone have any experience with Greenstone tubes?

Hello everyone !

Anyone have any experience with Greenstone USA transmitting tubes?

An FM station here in New Mexico needs a 4CX3500A - and the best price so far (barring tubes of known Chinese origin) seems to be from Greenstone, USA, a company I've never heard of. The station's engineer asked me if I'd had any experience with Greenstone. I haven't.

When asked "Who makes your tubes," the company representative responded "We do."

Their web site shows a number of tubes in its opening screen picture - interestingly no manufacturer's names or logos can be seen on the tubes themselves. The web site says that the company "makes and distributes tubes" so it would appear that the company doesn't necessarily make everything it sells

Any reports of experience in the field would be most welcome!

Many, many thanks !

Mike/

Mike Langner, CPBE
Albuquerque, NM