[SBE] Hams in Broadcasting Net Sunday 8 PM Eastern

Brew brew at theMode.com
Sat Jun 11 20:00:36 EDT 2011

Gang.....

The Hams in Broadcasting Net will be Sunday evening at 8 PM Eastern
(as usual) on IRLP Reflector 9615, the Echolink SBE Reflector 96150,
and the WA2CBS repeater in Manhattan, which are all bridged together.

The recent flooding along the Mississippi River and the pictures of
WDIA's tower bases underwater should keep us wary for the unusual
events that can sneak up on us. Seeing the WDIA pictures reminded me
of another Field Trip I did for CCA Electronics, traveling to WDIA to
check out their new 50 kW CCA AM-50000D back in 1975. I'll be
recalling some of that trip, and my recollections of the late Henry
Phones, W4GYV (?), Chief of WDIA.

Hope to see hear you on the air Sunday evening.....

brew Bruce Schiller CBS-TV NY Master Control Maintenance and WA2ZST